IAMGOLD Corp. has announced results from its 2021 exploration infill drilling programme completed at the Diakha deposit on its wholly owned Diakha-Siribaya Gold project, located in western Mali along the borders with Senegal and Guinea.
Diamond drill holes
- Drill hole SRD21-284: 12 m at 9.32 g/t gold (Au) from 284 m, including 3 m at 27.15 g/t Au from 284 m.
- Drill holeSRD21-303: 13 m at 11.2 g/t Au from 277 m, including 2 m at 67.98 g/t Au from 279 m.
- Drill hole SRD21-305: 10 m at 11.7 g/t Au from 164 m, including 4 m at 27.63 g/t Au from 169 m.
- Drill hole SRD21-300: 17 m at 2.17 g/t Au from 177 m, followed by a separate interval of:
- 20 m at 5.47 g/t Au from 269 m, including 7 m at 11.74 g/t Au from 282 m.
- Drill hole SRD21-308: 20 m at 5.4 g/t Au from 108 m, including 1 m at 69.34 g/t Au from 114 m.
- Drill hole SRD21-307: 13 m at 4.12 g/t Au from 224 m including, 1 m at 17.40 g/t Au from 225 m and 2 m at 13.4 g/t Au from 233 m.
- Drill hole SRD21-311: 15 m at 3.91 g/t Au in from 242 m, including 3 m at 13.06 g/t Au from 246 m and 1 m at 11.4 g/t Au from 251 m.
Reverse circulation (RC) drill holes
- Drill hole SRD21-891: 16 m at 14 g/t Au in from 89 m, including 3 m at 41.95 g/t Au from 99 m.
- Drill hole SRD21-883: 20 m at 1.97 g/t Au in from 43 m, including 1 m at 21.89 g/t Au from 48 m, followed by a separate interval of:
- 27 m at 2.12 g/t Au from 75 m, including 3 m at 6.52 g/t Au from 76 m and 1 m at 21.31 g/t Au from 101 m.
- Drill hole SRD21-889: 12 m at 4.19 g/t Au in from 108 m, including 2 m at 18.84 g/t Au from 117 m.
- Drill hole SRD21-907: 32 m at 1.97 g/t Au in from 88 m, including 1 m at 16.4 g/t Au from 89 m.
- Drill hole SRD21-848: 11 m at 4.96 g/t Au in from 55 m, including 1 m at 39.8 g/t Au from 65 m.
- Drill hole SRD21-882: 24 m at 2.23 g/t Au in from 43 m, including 2 m at 17.01 g/t Au from 54 m.
Craig MacDougall, Executive Vice President, Growth for IAMGOLD, stated: “We are very pleased with the results of our 2021 exploration programme, which have helped to demonstrate continuity of mineralisation between previously completed drill holes and better delineate the distribution and controls on high grade mineralised structures within the known resource.”
“The data from this programme will help improve the current deposit model and support the completion of an updated mineral resources estimation as we continue to advance towards our objective of increasing total indicated resources to above 1.5 million oz.”
In 2021, the company completed a combined 19 952 m in 131 diamond and RC drill holes with 22 328 assay samples (including QA/QC samples) submitted for analysis. The main objective of the drilling program was to infill and increase confidence in the current resources estimate for the Diakha deposit.
The drilling data from the 2021 exploration programme is currently being incorporated into a revised deposit model to support the completion of an updated mineral resources estimate targeted for completion in 1H22.
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/02122021/iamgold-announces-diakha-siribaya-gold-project-drill-results/