Dundas ilmenite project update
Published by Stephanie Roker,
Global Mining Review,
Bluejay Mining plc, the AIM and FSE-listed company with projects in Greenland and Finland, has provided a permitting update on its flagship asset the Dundas ilmenite project (Dundas) in Greenland, the world’s highest grade mineral sands ilmenite project.
- Environmental impact assessment (EIA) three-year field work studies are now complete.
- Social impact assessment (SIA) data collection and collation to be completed January 2019 – high degree of support received to date from all stakeholders.
- The company will now submit these technical reports in preparation for the final EIA submission to the relevant authorities for review.
- Optimised pre-feasibility study (PFS) continues and is on track for completion 1Q19.
- Exploitation application will be lodged soon thereafter.
- Additional developmental updates expected before year-end.
Bluejay CEO Roderick McIllree said: "We are extremely pleased with the findings of both the EIA and SIA studies at Dundas. These reports are an integral part of the permitting process, and along with the PFS, these multiyear assessments are expected to demonstrate the simple and increasingly uncontroversial nature of our proposed operation. This, together with the revised optimisations, will strengthen the already compelling economics of the project and will provide further confirmation of an economically attractive high grade ilmenite operation.
"We have been working with the Government in setting the standard for resource development in Greenland, the benefit of which will be realised from the extended assessment process. This lengthened study period has enhanced the understanding of Dundas and pre-empted any stakeholder concerns. This should translate into a high degree of support for the project, which is expected to constitute a new and sustainable operation that will benefit all stakeholders.
"With the final submission and publication of the EIA and SIA in the coming months and the completion of an optimised PFS next quarter, we are now in the final stages of permitting. Although the field season is now concluded, we anticipate additional updates for shareholders before year-end, which will further demonstrate the attractiveness and value of the world’s highest grade ilmenite sand project."
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/environment-sustainability/23112018/dundas-ilmenite-project-update/
You might also like
Komatsu’s GHG alliance members join to learn about zero-emissions progress
The GHG Alliance was created to bring together mining industry leaders to work toward a shared goal of delivering zero-emissions equipment solutions.