Northern Vertex Mining Corp has commenced stacking ore on the newly completed leach pad at the Moss gold-silver mine, Arizona, US. Approximately 7800 t of ore have been stacked to date, and production is ramping up towards an initial stacking rate of 2500 tpd. All of the crushing plant components have been tested and commissioned and the crushing plant is operating on day shift.
Kenneth Berry, President and CEO, stated: "We are delighted for shareholders to see the tonnes of ore on the pad. The cohesive teamwork of our operations staff and their performance is encouraging. Commissioning continues at the Moss Mine as we prudently ramp-up our stacking rate initially to 2500 tpd and then to 5000 tpd. As piping on the heap leach pad has commenced and the refinery furnace is to be commissioned next week, we look forward to reporting our first gold pour."
Operational highlights include:
- Successful start-up and commissioning being executed.
- High of 600 tph through crusher versus nameplate capacity of 336 tph, 7800 t total week-to-date.
Merrill Crowe Processing Plant
- Commissioning continues and piping on pad has commenced.
- Processing through plant to commence in 10 days.
- On site assay laboratory now operational and refinery furnace to be commissioned next week.
- Site powerstation now online.
- Overhead power being supplied to Crushing Plant and Merrill Crowe Processing Plant.
- Pioneering top of Hill #1 continues and moving to the east side of Hill #2.
- Work continues to expand level ground at ROM pad for stockpiling requirements.
- Mining Contractor NA Degerstrom continues to optimise 12-month production schedule.