Argus Russian Coal Market 2020
This event expired on the 20 February 2020. Click to view the latest mining events.
As part of the conference programme, forecasts of Russian coal exports to Europe and southeast Asia will be provided. Participants will discuss fluctuations in coal export prices and the risk of further price decreases, as well as new opportunities for exports to premium and growth markets. The conference will also cover the development of new coal terminals in Russia, the prospects for railway infrastructure expansion and the rising cost of transporting commodities.
The conference will be attended by leading Russian coal producers and consumers, as well as international trading firms supplying to western Europe, Poland, Turkey, Morocco and Asia-Pacific. Metals producers and energy companies, transport operators and ports, brokers and forwarders have also shown significant interest in this high-level event.
Upcoming changes in global coal demand and their impact on Russian coal exports
- The outlook for exports to Asia-Pacific
- Risks for exporters in light of the move away from coal-fired generation in Europe
- Clean coal technologies
- The potential for exports of thermal coal via Azov and Black Sea ports
The development of the Russian coal industry and how to recoup investment in new projects
- The development strategy of the Russian coal industry to 2035 — a new perspective
- Prospects for mining and processing capacity expansion
- Optimising domestic coal shipments
- The prospects of mining and processing capacity expansion: focus on quality
- The development of coal terminals in the Baltic and Russian far east
- Stages of railway infrastructure expansion within the Eastern Polygon
- The business prospects for general fleet operators
- Jake Horslen, Editor, Coal Daily International, Argus.
- Carlos Fernandez Alvarez, Senior Coal Analyst, International Energy Agency.
- Alexander Kovalchuk, General Director, Coal Marketing Research Institute.
- Umut Aydin, Senior Trade Manager, HCT (HeidelbergCement Group).
- Olga Gopkalo, Chief Specialist, Morstroytechnology.
- Maria Krasnikova, Executive Director, Chief Analyst, Sberbank CIB.
- Ivan Solovov, Deputy Director of Strategy Development and Investment, UCL Holding.
- Kirill Kozenyashev, Head of Coal Business Development, Petroforce SA.
- And more.