This event expired on the 06 October 2017. Click to view the latest mining events.
The 2017 ISRM International Rock Mechanics Symposium is to be held in Cape Town, and will focus on 'Rock Mechanics for Africa'.
Discussion topics will include:
- Fracture and damage of rocks.
- Deformation of rock.
- Numerical modelling.
- Ground consolidation.
- Constitutive models.
- Specialised blasting to minimise rock damage.
- Rock mechanics data.
- Testing methods.
- Instrumentation and monitoring.
- Rock mechanics in underground mines.
- Petroleum rock mechanics.
- Slope stability.
- Ground support.
- Caving mechanics.
- Design of tunnels and caverns.
- Risk in rock engineering design.
- Mechanics of fracking.
- Crustal stress and earthquakes.
- Mine seismicity and rockbursts.
- Radioactive waste disposal.
- Underground nuclear plants.