10th International Symposium on Biomining (Biomining '20)
This event expired on the 09 June 2020. Click to view the latest mining events.
Biomining '20 will focus on the latest developments in the field of biohydrometallurgy and bioprocessing: the development, optimisation and application of integrated biomining process operations for mineral ores, including low grade and complex ores; the microbiology of biomining and the application of biohydrometallurgy, bioflotation and other technologies to novel resources (such as mine and electronic wastes) and the (bio)remediation of mining-impacted environments.
1. Biomining Process Development:
- Development and optimisation of biohydrometallurgy processes, including sub-processes of biohydrometallurgy, reactor systems, hydrodynamics and modelling
- Associated Unit operations, Up- and Downstream processing (including waste management) etc.
2. The Microbiology of Biomining:
- Microbial ecology and succession, both description and kinetics
- Microbial consortia and bioprospecting,
- Certain fundamental aspects.
3. Biohydrometallurgy Applications:
- Biomining (i.e. Bioleaching, Biooxidation) applications - both heap and tank
- Novel and potential resources (e.g. electronic and other metallic wastes)
- Bioremediation applications (e.g. the treatment, prevention and prediction of AMD, metal recovery from wastes etc.)
- Other biotechnologies in mining and metallurgical industries.